The sapphire crystal back of the 42.5 mm white gold case reveals the magnificent 18-karat white gold movement bridge. This covers the entire back of the movement, with the exception of the tourbillon. Decorated with an elaborate engraving of a city view of Lucerne, it is an ode to Carl F. Bucherer’s home.
At the center of the intricate engraving – the result of more than two weeks of meticulous craftsmanship – is the Chapel Bridge, the landmark of the city. A swan floating on the water is reminiscent of Schwanenplatz, the place where Carl F. Bucherer opened his first watch and jewelry business in 1888.